- From time to time, it may be necessary for the Client to supply Ayers Alliance Wealth Management Limited (“AAWM”) with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts, provision of securities trading, nominee and/or investment advisory services. The data is collected pursuant to applicable laws, regulations, rules or codes binding on AAWM.
- Failure to supply such data may result in AAWM being unable to open or continue accounts or provide securities trading, nominee and/or investment advisory services to the Client.
- It is also the case that data may be collected from Clients in the ordinary course of the continuation of the business relationship.
- AAWM will not collect any personal data that identifies a user to this website from cookies (which are small pieces of information stored on a person’s computer containing information that can be retrieved by this website) or other sources, unless specified otherwise.
- The purposes for which the data relating to the Client may be used are as follows;-
- the daily operation of securities-related services provided to the Client;
- designing financial services or related products for the Client’s use;
- marketing financial services or related products;
- determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by the Client;
- collection of amounts outstanding from the Client and amounts as security for the Client’s obligations;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, regulations, rules, codes binding on AAWM; and
- purposes ancillary or relating to any of the above.
- Data held by AAWM relating to the Client will be kept confidential but AAWM may provide such information to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph:-
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, legal, accounting, payment or securities clearing or other services to AAWM in connection with the operation of its business;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to AAWM;
- any financial institution with which the Client has or proposes to have dealings;
- any actual or proposed assignee of AAWM or participant or sub-participant or transferee of AAWM’s rights in respect of the Client;
- any person to whom AAWM is compelled by law or by relevant regulatory authorities to make disclosure;
- any person with the Client’s express or implied consent;
- any person where AAWM’s interests require disclosure; and
- any person where the public interest requires disclosure.
- In the course of performing AAWM’s duties, AAWM may, as permitted by law, match, compare, transfer or exchange any personal data provided by the Client with data held, or hereafter obtained, for these or any other purposes by AAWM, government bodies, other regulatory authorities, corporations, organizations or individuals in Hong Kong or overseas for the purpose of verifying those data.
- Under and in accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong (“PDPO”) any individual:-
- has the right to check whether AAWM holds data about him/her and the right of access to such data;
- has the right to require AAWM to correct any data relating to him/her which is inaccurate; and
- has the right to ascertain AAWM policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by AAWM.
- In accordance with the terms of the PDPO, AAWM has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
- AAWM may use the data of the Client in direct marketing with the Client’s consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
- the name, contact details, portfolio information, transaction pattern and financial background of the Client may be used in direct marketing of investment or financial related products and services of AAWM; and
- If a Client does not wish AAWM to use and/or transfer the data for use in direct marketing, the Client may, without charge, exercise the right to opt-out.
- The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed is as follows:-
Data Protection Officer
Ayers Alliance Wealth Management Limited
Suites 1111-1112, 11/F, Two International Finance Centre, No.8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong